Announcing the availability of the TotalView 8.10 beta
I am excited to announce that TotalView 8.10 is ready for beta testing. TotalView 8.10 includes support for CUDA 4.1 and the new "Replay on Demand" functionality. With Replay on Demand you don't have to decide at the beginning of a debugging session if you want to record and deterministically replay program execution. Even if you are in the middle of a debugging session, you can decide "I'd like to start recording now" and turn on ReplayEngine at that time. Subsequent program execution is recorded and can be reviewed bi-directionally with ReplayEngine.
Other new features and enhancements include:
* Improved visibility of the dive operation in the source pane
* ReplayEngine support on the Cray XE
* NVIDIA CUDA support on the Cray XK
* Improved TVScript scalability
* C++View in applications being played back with ReplayEngine
* Support for dynamic memory debugging on the BlueGene/P
* Platform updates including AIX 7
The beta program will include two webinars, one introducing the new features and capabilities of TotalView 8.10 and a second to answer questions and gather any feedback.
To participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
3. Platforms you plan to test on
4. Will you be able to test TotalView's CUDA capabilities? (if so - please include the version(s) of CUDA you can test)
5. Will you be able to test TotalView's "Replay on Demand"?
6. Will you be able to test TotalView's TVScript functionality?
7. How long you have used TotalView?
I wanted to chime in here with a bit of an update. We've taken feedback from the beta, together with some of our internal testing an created a refresh to the beta. If you are participating in the beta program you will have gotten an email about it.
I'm pleased to be able to announce that this update includes early access support for the implementation of the new OpenACC directives in the Cray Compiler Edition.
Thanks to all the beta testers for your input so far.