PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio Support?

nicjedi
09-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi all,
I've read the "letter to customers", that explains the features on the next version of Stingray Studio.
I think that an important question is what versions of Visual Studio are supported in the next release?

Thanks for any reply

StingrayDevelopment
09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
The current support matrix will list the supported operating systems and compilers: http://www2.roguewave.com/support/matrices/index.cfm

The preview version of the new MFC 9 features in Stingray Studio will be supported on Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1.

DaccTD
11-18-2009, 08:58 AM
When will Stingray Studio support VS 2010 (Vc 10)?
We will start a new project soon and would like to use VS 2010 (current version is Beta 2) as we won't release anything before the final version will be out (MS states it will be released on March 22th). We would be happy if Rogue Wave can provide us a Stingray Studio beta version compatible with VC 2010 beta if a final version will be released in Q1/2010.
Thanks for your help.

CodeMonkey
01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
The latest rumour is
Stingray Studio 10.3 may contain an unsupported preview for the VS 2010 Beta 2 release sometime in Q1 2010 and
Stingray Studio 10.4 may contain support for the VS 2010 GA release sometime after March 22, 2010.

DaccTD
01-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Yes, I heard a similar statement from Rogue Wave. A version supporting VS 2010 Beta 2 is said to release by the end of January 2010.

David Mullin
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Now that VS2010 has shipped, what's the ETA on v10.4? I've been developing with the RC and v10.3, and am hoping to release the new version of my app soon - but there are issues that I'm hoping v10.4 will resolve.

It is so disappointing that Rogue Wave/Stingray is so silent about what they are doing. I keep thinking that this is a dead product and am always surprised that they release a new version.

David Mullin
IMA Technologies

bgomez
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
The next version of Stingray, currently scheduled for release in May, will have support for the Visual Studio 2010 compiler as well as continuing support for Visual Studio 2003, 2005, and 2008.

Are there particular versions that you are interested in? We will be considering dropping support for Visual Studio 2003 in the next major release of Stingray Studio.

Ben

David Mullin
04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not concerned about the prospect of you dropping VS2003 support. Although I do have a version of my app built under VS2003, it uses an older version of Stingray Studio, so that's not a problem.

Going forward, I only need VS2010 (and beyond) support. One thing that is important is that you continue to support DAO - the v10.3 build configuration wizard omitted support for that, and I had to manually hack the make files to get it back in (quite a pain, and I'm not certain that I did it right).

I'm also encountering some issues using v10.3 with VS2010 - are you interested in hearing about them? If so, what would be the best way for me to communicate them to you?

bgomez
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
We did not expect 10.3 to work completely with VS 2010. 10.4 will be released soon and it should resolve any problems you are currently encountering.

I'm always interested to hear about difficulties users are encountering with our products, but at this point in our development cycle, it would probably save you some time if you wait until the upcoming release to report problems. Otherwise, we will verify against your reports that the problems you encountered have indeed been addressed.

eliong
04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
From the Stingray Studio 10.3 Getting Started User's Guide (Page 30 Section 4.4), it seems that Stingray is now implemented with a new Directory Structure. It is also mentioned that:
If you prefer not to alter your project, you must run the Environment Wizard for each of the new Stingray Studio components and modify the environment.

Would any kind soul please walk me through how I can get access to the "Environment Wizard" and how to build with the old Directory Structure?

Another question is: Now that VS2010 RTM has been released, when are we expecting Stingray 10.4 to be released with the support of VS2010?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Terry
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
As Ben mentioned above, Visual Studio 2010 will be supported by Stingray Studio 10.4, which is scheduled to be released in May.

Regarding the Environment Wizard, this is an oversight in the Getting Started Guide. There is no longer a separate Environment Wizard. The Installer takes care of setting up the environment to correspond with the paths specified when Stingray Studio is installed. You can manually adjust these paths if necessary.

If you are migrating from a very old release of Stingray, you might need to adjust some paths in your code. For example, if your stdafx.h file contains:
#include "secall.h" you would need to prepend "toolkit\" to this path:
#include "toolkit\secall.h"

David Mullin
05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
It's now the middle of May...can we get a more specific ETA for when v10.4 will be released? It's holding up my ability to release my product...

David Mullin
IMA Technologies