PDA

View Full Version : 64-bit Lahey Compiler Support

pcebull
03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
We have a user who has an x86-64 workstation with SUSE 10.1 and Lahey Linux64 8.0 compiler. He is using TotalView 8.0.2-0. Even when he uses "-g" to compile his Fortran source, the source code doesn't show up in the debugger. I notice the supported compilers list has 32-bit Lahey, but not 64-bit. Could this be the reason the source isn't readable? Has anyone successfully used 64-bit Lahey with TotalView?

Thanks,
Peter

PeterT-RogueWave
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Hello Peter,

The 64 bit nature of the program shouldn't be a problem, but I don't see any instance of this being supported here just yet. Does TotalView just not show the source, or is it only showing registers in the stack frame, with no local, module, or common block variables?

I can't vouch for this without seeing an example, but it's not unusual for debuggers to get confused with new Fortran compilers. Fortran code relies on a C startup file to get executed, and it may be that we're mapping into this C main program first, for which we have no source. If that is the case, you might get relief by doing an 'f' and then trying to find a function (other than main!) by name and see if that helps.

I see you also asked this question to some people internal here, and I'll ask for some more information through the official support line.

Regards