PDA

View Full Version : where does the path to tvdsvr get set?

mhovers
04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I am new to totalview and trying to get a debug session going. I have only been able to get close using:
mpirun -np 48 -machinefile ./raynodes -tv /data/biot/mhovers/my_em3d7/source/em3d_inv ./lona_2_aniso_3fq.invem

However, when tvd tries to run tvdsvr I get:

/.automount/tonga/vol/vol6/lah_q1/vend/x86_64-linux/toolworks/totalview.8.4.1-3/linux-x86-64/bin/tvdsvr: Command not found.

I cant figure out how to tell tvd where to look for tvdsvr, which is not here.

thanks,

PeterT-RogueWave
05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
In general TotalView is expecting to find the debug server in the same path it found it on the machine where it was launched. For this reason we recommend, in a cluster environment, that TotalVIew be installed on an NFS file system where each host will be able to find the files in the same path.

PeterT-RogueWave
08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
I should also point out, since I'm in the neighborhood, that File->Preferences->Launch String is the ultimate decider here. We use the %B/tvdsvr to find tvdsvr, and %B expands to the location that TotalView is installed on the master node, at least the location of the bin directory under the install path. One could always replace %B with an appropriate path if really needed.

Regards,