PDA

View Full Version : No function or File named "xxxx" could be found

psr1978
08-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Halo All,

I am new user of TotalView debugger. And i am using it to debug FORTRAN programs. During my process, i came across the following problem:

When i want to look an array elements (which is defined in the same subroutine where i am trying to dive into the array), the debugger says "No function or File named "arrayx" could be found".

Can any one please let me know what mistake i did, or what is solution for this.

Thank you in advance.

PSR

PeterT-RogueWave
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi,

The most common problem with FORTRAN debugging of this type is that the variable or user defined type is set up in a module. Depending on the compiler, you may have to dive on the module first, rather than directly on the variable name. You can do this by diving on the module name, if it is in scope, or by using Tools->Portran Modules. If you are not using modules, or this does not resolve the issue, it may be that we are getting poor or inadequate debug information from the compiler. Or we may be mis-interpreting that data. In that case could you tell us which compiler and which version of the compiler you are using?

Regards,

psr1978
08-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Halo Pete Thompson,

Thank you very much for your response.

For the first block of your answer is that I've NOT defined any MODUELS. Simple array definition, for example: Real*8 Test(i,j), and i also provide the values of i and j.

About the compiler: i am using "Sun Studio 12 Fortran 95 compiler, version 8.3 ".

---> If you are not using modules, or this does not resolve the issue, it may be that we are getting poor or inadequate debug information from the compiler. Or we may be mis-interpreting that data.

For this, i am compiling with only -g option, and with no other optimisation options. What else (compiler option ?) will provide more debugging information for Totalview ? With your instructions, i will give a try other options.

More information, i am compiling my code on RWTH SUN Cluster.
Thank you very much inadvance.

Regards,

PSR