PDA

View Full Version : Automatic installation process - RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 64-bit (EM64T) in ks.cfg

Joerg
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Good evening,

I try to create an automatic installation process with an Anaconda Kickstart configuration ks.cfg for RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 64-bit (EM64T) including the pvwave part (possibly with some operator intervention - like with the GUI/changing the DVD ...).

At least the error MSG of the PVWave 9.50 INSTALL was giving hope to find a solution.

The mentioned options (GUI, Console, and Silent) are not to working (even directly added to the binary and not to the script INSTALL, which is not providing the parameters to the binary).

Possibly anybody has an idea ... (I did not find an answer in the forum ...)?

Best regards

Jörg

Here is the output:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Graphical installers are not supported by the VM. The console mode will be used instead...

Preparing CONSOLE Mode Installation...

================================================== =====

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

================================================== =====

rwagner
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
None of the options listed are supported by the PV-WAVE installer. You must have an X-Windows display to install with the installer.
You can probably write a script to unzip the .zip files included in the distribution, which is all the installer actually does...

Joerg
02-22-2012, 03:37 AM
Thank you - this implies that the Error Message of the installation program is wrong... :(