PDA

View Full Version : aviwrite 64-bit

spacekakes
07-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Does aviwrite.pro (in the user lib) work on 64-bit PV-WAVE?

Thanks

donb
08-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi spacekakes,

As you may or may not know, the routines in User Lib are those contributed by customers, and sometimes by Rogue Wave employees, because they found them useful for a specific purpose. These routines are not part of our regression testing, they are not run or validated on all platforms, nor are they supported. They are provided as is, and users are very welcome to modify them as they see fit to adapt them for their own purposes.

That said, this particular routine was written 10 years ago, prior to the introduction of the PV-WAVE 64-bit platform support. This routine uses a lot of LONG data types. When we did the PV-WAVE 64-bit ports, the LONGs changed from a 4 byte size to an 8 byte size (as well as the introduction of the INT32 data type on 64-bit machines to assist with transferring data more easily between 32- and 64-bit machines).

For that reason alone, I would be very surprised if this routine works on a 64-bit platform.

If you decide to modify and update this routine to work on a 64-bit platform, we welcome your submission to the User Library and will include it as part of the distrubtion in an upcoming release. Send a copy of your routine to support@roguewave.com if and when you'd like to share it with the rest of the PV-WAVE community!

Best Regards,

Don B.

spacekakes
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Don, I have a client using some code I wrote that calls aviwrite. IT wasn't working on his 64-bit system and I wanted to know if it could be that routine (I don;t have a 64-bits system myself)

richiewalton59
03-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Dear PV wave, following up from this relatively old thread, I wondered if anyone had in the mean time submitted a 64-bit friendly version of aviwrite? If so, would it be possible to recieve a copy of this script? I'd gratefully recieve this at richiewalton59@hotmail.com

Best regards,

Rick

RSWAIN
06-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Hi PV-Team,

If anyone has come up with a solution for aviwrite in 64 bit PV platform, would appreciate it if I can receive a copy of that at my id - rswain1486@gmail.com.

Warm Regards,
Rakesh

donb
06-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Rakesh, (and all other interested parties)

Since the original post the PV-WAVE team has not been the recipient of a user-contributed 64-bit version of the AVIWRITE routine. We remain happy to add that routine to the User Library if someone does make a contribution. That's true for any PV-WAVE code that users find useful and want to share with other PV-WAVE users!

The main reason for my response however is that the recent PV-WAVE 12.0 release focused on an update to the underlying image file format capabilities. Looking at what we did, and what's on the horizon, we are addressing this image update in three phases:

Update all previously supported image file formats to use the new technology, maintaining backward compatibility (done - PV-WAVE v12.0)
Further update DICOM functionality and performance (next minor release)
Add new image file formats, and support for up to 32-bit images (subsequent release)

AVI support, read and write, for 64-bit platforms is expected to be one of the key additional formats as part of the third phase. While we don't have a committed release date yet, this is a major focal point for development efforts over the next couple of months.

I'll update this thread when we're close to having something to release.

Regards,

Don B.

RSWAIN
12-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Hi Don,

Greetings!!
Can you please let us know if the avi write issue is resolved in PV-Wave 12.0?

Rakesh, (and all other interested parties)

Since the original post the PV-WAVE team has not been the recipient of a user-contributed 64-bit version of the AVIWRITE routine. We remain happy to add that routine to the User Library if someone does make a contribution. That's true for any PV-WAVE code that users find useful and want to share with other PV-WAVE users!

The main reason for my response however is that the recent PV-WAVE 12.0 release focused on an update to the underlying image file format capabilities. Looking at what we did, and what's on the horizon, we are addressing this image update in three phases:

Update all previously supported image file formats to use the new technology, maintaining backward compatibility (done - PV-WAVE v12.0)
Further update DICOM functionality and performance (next minor release)
Add new image file formats, and support for up to 32-bit images (subsequent release)

AVI support, read and write, for 64-bit platforms is expected to be one of the key additional formats as part of the third phase. While we don't have a committed release date yet, this is a major focal point for development efforts over the next couple of months.

I'll update this thread when we're close to having something to release.

Regards,

Don B.

donb
12-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Hello again Rakesh,

Thank you for the question, and your timing is perfect. This week we released PV-WAVE 2016.1, which is the "next minor release" mentioned in the above post and is the second of the three phase image update.

We are doing the planning now for the third phase and 64-bit AVI support remains high on the list of next release functionality.

Once again, if a PV-WAVE customer has modified the existing AVIWRITE routine to work on 64-bit platforms and you'd like to have that added that to the User Library, let me know (don.boughey@roguewave.com).

Don B.

RSWAIN
08-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Hello again Rakesh,

Thank you for the question, and your timing is perfect. This week we released PV-WAVE 2016.1, which is the "next minor release" mentioned in the above post and is the second of the three phase image update.

We are doing the planning now for the third phase and 64-bit AVI support remains high on the list of next release functionality.

Once again, if a PV-WAVE customer has modified the existing AVIWRITE routine to work on 64-bit platforms and you'd like to have that added that to the User Library, let me know (don.boughey@roguewave.com).

Don B.

Hello Don,

Greetings!!
Any update on this issue?

Regards,
Rakesh