PDA

View Full Version : Object grid 11 special missing characters

TruongKy
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
In our application, we use objective grid classes to display tables where users could enter values. As shown in the attachment, the first column represents read-only properties, and the second column is edit-able setting, where users can select a cell and type in a value.

Here's the issue: There are about 11 characters users cannot type (or they do not show up in the displayed cell). They are: _ + { } | < > ? " : and ~ As you notice, these characters needs the shift key in combination. Other characters from ! to ) (shift key and 1 to 9) work fine.

The objective grid classes are used together with mfc classes in ms visual studio 2010 environment.

Is there any special settings within the objective grid classes to activate these 11 characters? Perhaps somewhere deep in objective classes where I could set a breakpoint to see why these characters (when typed on the keyboard) do not show up / display on the grid view?

bgomez
01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
In a basic Grid example, I am able to open the grid and use the 11 characters that you list. Can you include the options and styles that you are using on the cell range?

Thanks,
Ben

TruongKy
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry, it took so long to reply. I finally have some allocated time to work on this bug again.

I am new to this whole rogue wave library. Could you give some directions or examples on how to look up the styles / options?