PDA

View Full Version : Problem with different versions of stingray

prosens
07-01-2008, 07:52 AM
So far we were using Stingray version : 9.0.3.0, recently we have migrated to 11.0.0.0. We have a range of applications where we use stingray. It was not possible to migrate all of them to the latest version. So initially we tried few things which I will list here: Lets assume we have an application A which uses a dll B. Both of them uses stingray.
Observation: 1
A's stingray version: 9.0.3.0 (Static Linking)
B's stingray version: 11.0.0.0(Static Linking)
Result: Some debug assertion from GxCore, Grid grays out and goes to read only mode

Observation: 2
A's stingray version: 11.0.0.0(Static Linking)
Result: Problem in grid controls which has combo box

Observation: 3
B's stingray version: 11.0.0.0(Dynamic Linking)
Result: Some debug assertion from GxCore, Grid grays out and goes to read only mode

Observation: 4

Also I have seen that if I build A using VC6 and build B using VC8 we encounter some debug assertions. I am not sure if these assertions are because of stingray or not.

Is it a known problem, or I am missing some steps here. Can you please suggest some suitable solutions for the case where the same application has different components built with different versions of stingray.

Charles
09-03-2008, 03:02 PM
We've recently migrated to VC8 and are having similar problems with the grid controls described here. Combo Boxes and check boxes in the grids both have problems. Check boxes simply don't show, but function. Combo boxes show, but don't function. For added fun, when there's also a button present in the row, using the combo box seems to trigger it. We're using all version 11 of stingray. Was there ever a resolution to this?

sahil
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
So far we were using Stingray version : 9.0.3.0, recently we have migrated to 11.0.0.0. We have a range of applications where we use stingray. It was not possible to migrate all of them to the latest version. So initially we tried few things which I will list here: Lets assume we have an application A which uses a dll B. Both of them uses stingray.
Observation: 1

Observation: 2
Result: Problem in grid controls which has combo box

Observation: 3

Observation: 4

Also I have seen that if I build A using VC6 and build B using VC8 we encounter some debug assertions. I am not sure if these assertions are because of stingray or not.

Is it a known problem, or I am missing some steps here. Can you please suggest some suitable solutions for the case where the same application has different components built with different versions of stingray.
hi prosens,
i am having same kind of problem when i migrates from OG10 to OG12,
firsty my application was made on verson WIN NT and now i m using WIN XP and also build the OG12 LIb files in WIn XP with Microsoft VC8

any how i m able to link the OG12 lib to my application but now i am in big trouble.
as any "domodal" is not working properly wherever i was usibng OG12 's lib files .
as no modal dialog is appeares more then fraction of seconds

also the login dialog's property is change , the astrick charecter converted into lines

i am in big trouble please help me if u have some solution .....

Thanks
Sahil