PDA

View Full Version : Restoring a Bin File Gives a Memory Error

chris8677
09-24-2015, 02:00 PM
I am trying to restore a bin file that I saved before and I get the following error.

WAVE> restore, '793F_Tier2_SSP01007_params.pbin'
%%%Unable to allocate memory: ensuring string length.
Not enough space

Is there a limit to string length? I have an associative array in the bin file.

donb
09-25-2015, 08:36 AM
Hi Chris,

Yes, there is a limit for strings - 32,767 characters. That however doesn't play into the current situation.

By using the RESTORE command, the file must be a PV-WAVE SAVE file. That indicates that the string variable had been in PV-WAVE memory at the time of the SAVE. This error, specifically the 'Not enough space' message, implies that PV-WAVE is reading the SAVE file and doing a malloc to place the next saved variable into memory - and that failed because the malloc failed.

Can you try to restore the file in a new PV-WAVE session? Does that work?

Cheers, Don B.

chris8677
09-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Hi Don,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have tried to open fresh wave session and it still gives me this error. (As you can see from attached file)

donb
09-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Hi Chris,

Well, this has now become a head scratch-er!! And leads to many other questions:

It seems you're running PV-WAVE Advantage, 64-bit, on a Windows system - correct?
Do you happen to have access to any other versions of PV-WAVE?
Is it possible for you to provide the file in question to our support team?

There is clearly a problem here we'd like to have addressed. We can use this forum although my recommendation is direct contact with the PV-WAVE support team. Once we know more from that contact I can post here again with the outcome.

Don B.

chris8677
10-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Thank you Don. I will contact the support team.