PDA

View Full Version : IMSL C# and .NET 2.0

ed
03-08-2006, 07:07 AM
As the usage of .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 increases, we've had several questions recently about the installation of the IMSL C# Numerical Library (which was built on .NET 1.1) in this environment. In light of this, I'll repeat the points below and 'sticky' this topic.

First, we have run the acceptance tests, and everything appears to be OK. However, at this point in time, this is not an officially supported environment.

Next there is one minor catch on the installation. If you run setup.exe off the CD on a machine that does not have .NET 1.1 installed, you will get a dialog box regarding .NET v1.1.4322, and prompt you do download that version. You do not need to do this. Just cancel out of the install then browse to the root directory of the CD. Double-click on the .msi file to install.

ed
07-03-2008, 06:42 AM
I realize the above post does not have any version numbers associated with it. The IMSL C# Library through version 4.0 was built on .NET 1.1. Since version 4.0.2 we have included an extra step in the installation to select .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0 or greater (we have a separate assembly to support .NET 1.1).

I'm going to un-sticky this thread now as the information is largely outdated since most customers are using either 4.0.2 or 5.0.