PDA

View Full Version : Eigenvalue problem in Fortran IMSL

eezwang
12-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Dear Host,
I have a program to run eigenvalue calculation subrountine EVCRG hundreds of times in the CVF9.1+Visual Studio.NET 2003+IMSL5.0 (the test is also made in CVF6.6 and problem happens either)

But at some run (after 200 times) it reports 'unsolved exception'. Though I have used the RESET(0, 1, 0) to capture the exception, but it failed. Curious enough, the code on calculating the right eigenvector succeeds, but the left eigenvector calculating fails. Do you have any idea on that? If necessary, I'd like to email my codes to you to detect the problem. Thank you very much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

! Turn on printing and turn off stopping for all error types.
CALL ERSET (0, 1, 0)
CALL EVCRG (FULL_A, EVAL, R_EVEC) ! right eigenvector, succeed

! ------error handling-------
ICODE = IERCD()
ITYPE = N1RTY(1)
IF (ICODE == 1 .OR. ITYPE==4 .OR. ITYPE==5) THEN
HAS_ERROR = 1
RETURN
END IF
! -----------------
FULL_A=TRANSPOSE(FULL_A)
CALL ERSET (0, 1, 0)
CALL EVCRG (FULL_A, EVAL, L_EVEC) ! left eigenvector, failed

! ------error handling-------
ICODE = IERCD()
ITYPE = N1RTY(1)
IF (ICODE == 1 .OR. ITYPE==4 .OR. ITYPE==5) THEN
HAS_ERROR = 1
RETURN
END IF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Wang Zhen, James

ed
12-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry, but it appears we would need some additional details and your code to be of much help. If you are a currently supported customer (e.g., paid for SUSS) with Visual Numerics, you can contact support@vni.com. Alternatively, if you have the Compiler+IMSL Fortran bundled product, you can contact Intel technical support (http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/fortran/windows/) as Intel has taken over maintenance of this product from Compaq.