Dee
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello,

I'm wondering what these statements mean from the release notes:

---------------------------------------------------------
COMPILER COMPATIBILITY

PV-WAVE was compiled and tested using the following compilers:
<clip>
While PV-WAVE may compile and link using other compilers and linkers/loaders...
---------------------------------------------------------

Is this inferring that PVWave can be compiled by a consumer? PVWave source could be shipped to attempt building with another platform and/or compiler?

Thanks for any clarification of this release notes entry.

Dee

donb
03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Dee,

The comments in the release notes about compiler versions pertain to those users who take advantage of the PV-WAVE inter-application functionality. There are many users that access existing C or Fortran code from within PV-WAVE (LINKNLOAD) as well as users with a C or Fortran Main program that call PV-WAVE as a graphical and/or analytical engine (cwavec or cwavefor). PV-WAVE itself is compiled and linked using the compliers specified in the release notes, and we test the inter-application functionality using the same compiler and the example programs contained on the PV-WAVE product CD.

If you have an interest in running PV-WAVE on a hardware/OS/compiler combination that is not currently supported, please let us know.

Don B.

Dee
03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello Grand Pubah,

The hope was for a OpenVMS 8.3 build on Integrity with Dec C/C++.

Dee

donb
03-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Dee,

As the Grand Pubah, I just might be able to help you out here. Would you prefer the Gfloat or IEEE version of PV-WAVE?? ;)

But seriously, we are just about ready to announce and release PV-WAVE 8.51 for the OpenVMS Integrity environment, and the CD contains separate execuables depending on whether you need to use the Gfloat or IEEE floating point representations. The build was done on OpenVMS v8.2 and the DEC C compiler, but it has been fully tested and is supported on OpenVMS v8.3.

I can't give you a firm date for the release, but I suggest you contact your VNI Account Manager and express your interest in this release. They will be able to notify you when the CDs are available. You should also check back in the Announcement section of this Forum as news of this release will be posted there.

If you need assistance getting in touch with your Account Manager let us know and we can provide their contact information.

Don B.