PDA

View Full Version : Access Sound Card from PV-Wave

ProductSound
05-18-2007, 06:38 AM
I use PV-Wave (actually 7.0 for Windows) to analyse sounds, and normally this is done by reading in .wav-files or other sound file formats. For an application I now need a direct input stream from the PC's sound card which should then be continuously processed in realtime. In addition an output to a different interface (scalable DC voltage) is required.

As far as I know there is no direct way from within PV-Wave to do so - any ideas on how this could be realized? I would greatly appreciate any help or professional consultancy on that topic.

Markus

rwagner
05-22-2007, 08:03 AM
There is no direct interface to capture input from a sound card in PV-WAVE, however near-real-time results may be achieved by using another program to interface with the sound card and either using socket connections or files to transfer the data to PV-WAVE. I do not know off hand of any program that will do this, although a simple macro and sound recorder may work.

The same, unfortunately must be said about output. I imagine you could configure a PIC chip interface to the computer and have a small program read output files and use the PIC chip to control the DC Voltage device.

So the overall project would work something like:

BEGIN:
Macro begins. Start sound recorder. Every 5 seconds save a file and keep recording. After saving the file, call PV-WAVE to process the file. After processing call the small PIC chip program to output data.
GOTO BEGIN