PDA

View Full Version : Difference between IMSL fortran library 5.0 and 6.0

langtshen
11-17-2007, 11:25 PM
(It's kind of a follow-up question) What are the main new features of FNL 6.0 compared to 5.0? Neither do the the company's web pages nor the manuals have the information about that, although I notice that the layout of the documentation in both versions are a little different.

I also notice that FNL 6.0 is only available in certain platforms, but not in windows. Does the company have plans to develop a new version for the windows platform?

ed
11-19-2007, 06:21 AM
You can find a summary of the updates for IMSL Fortran 6.0 on the What's New (http://www.vni.com/products/imsl/fortran/whatsNew.php) page.

The library is available for Windows at this time only bundled with the Intel Visual Fortran compiler. We do have plans to release for a couple other compilers as well.

physicist
11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
How about IMSL support on Mac/PPC?

Absoft has re-affirmed its commitment to this platform, with its pending 9.5
FORTRAN 90/95 compiler version, coping with Leopard's hidden ideosyncrasies.

Admittedly, Mac/Intel is a faster machine. However, a lot of people have invested
not only money, but also a substantial amount of time in their PPC version.

Therefore, quite a few may be reluctant to start `doing all over again', just because the new system is faster, I am inclined to think.

With best regards,

physicist.

ed
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Our support for the Mac platform comes entirely through our partnership with Absoft. They currently offer an IMSL bundle with the Absoft 9.2 suite and expect them to continue offering IMSL with future versions.