PDA

View Full Version : Wave Widgets - interupt processing

phillipsqh
01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I think what I want to do should be easy but I'm missing something.
I'm using wave widgets to make my own VCR like code. I open my image sequence and display the first frame then I use buttons to specify increment by single step or loop (play). I just can't find a way to stop it before it hits the end of the sequence. Once it is in the play loop it doesn't respond to anything at the main window.

rwagner
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi, take a look at the following function. I would add it inside the loop you are performing. It should make the system process all the events when it is called.

status = WtProcessEvent( /Drain)

-Ryan

donb
01-24-2008, 11:53 AM
You might also want to check out WgAnimateTool - a pre-built PV-WAVE Widget that displays a series of images and provides a VCR component as part of the tool.

Don B.

phillipsqh
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks Don,
The Wganimate doesn't really work for me because it wants a 3d array of images which would require me to read them all in. They just don't make machines with that much memory right now... I'm even running into the Long isn't long enough to use for bposition indexing into some of my files and having to read & trash to get to where I need to be in some cases. I think I'm only running 8.5 which is only 32 bit however it might be time to hassle with the upgrade... 9.0 is 64 bit right?

phillipsqh
01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks Ryan,
That works like a champ!

donb
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I guess to answer your question, I'll have to ask one --- what platform are you running on?

In PV-WAVE v8.5 we added support for 64-bit versions of Solaris, IBM AIX and Opteron Red Hat Linux. For PV-WAVE v9.0 we added support for 64-bit Intel EM64T Windows XP.

Hope this helps,

Don B.

phillipsqh
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
My license server is an SGI. I'm running on CentOS 5 with version 8.51 build #2303 if that means anything. Does my license server have to be running the same version?

rwagner
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Phillip,
I'd imagine your chipset is intel64 or amd64 since you're able to run 8.5 on it currently. The license server does not need to be running the same version (or for that matter, any version of PV-WAVE at all). As Don mentioned, we do support 64 bit architectures for linux as of 9.0.
-Ryan

phillipsqh
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
If I switch to a 64 bit version of PV-Wave, how does it handle the new options?
I need a 64bit int for bpostion file indexing but I also need at 32bit int for data since I have all these 32bit int binary files! And while I'm thinking about it a 16 bit Unsigned int would sure be handy. I'm getting really tired of the overhead to convert it by reading it in as bytes and converting into long.

rwagner
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Phillip
In the 64-bit version of wave, we do not have a 32 bit integer datatype. Nor do we have an unsigned 16 bit type. You can read in existing 32-bit binary files with the function READU_32.

-Ryan