PDA

View Full Version : Run a compiled application

khosravym
12-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Is it possible to execute a compiled code on another computer which has not a license?

rwagner
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
No. Compiled applications are able to be run from a computer with a PV-WAVE runtime (as opposed to developers) license. You can do this by calling PV-WAVE with the -r flag. Example:

In my current directory I have a compiled application named test.cpr. The top level entry point of the program is a procedure named test.

wave -r test

-Ryan

ed
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
In case this is an IMSL Library question, the answer remains largely the same. The machine would require a run-time license. If you have floating licenses for the network, you just need a copy of the license file that points to the license server to check out a license. If you're using node-locked licenses, you'll need a key for each machine that will run the application.

jasonryan
05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
In case this is an IMSL Library question, the answer remains largely the same. The machine would require a run-time license. If you have floating licenses for the network, you just need a copy of the license file that points to the license server to check out a license. If you're using node-locked licenses, you'll need a key for each machine that will run the application.

Does this mean even I build a *.exe file, it still need license file to run on other machine?:confused: I'm confused

brian
05-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Hello jasonryan,

The short answer is no (you do not need a license file on every machine) but you need enough licenses somewhere to account for all possible concurrent instances of applications with IMSL/PV-WAVE products integrated.

Ed may have distinguishing between a floating and node locked license because the node locked license in many cases is more restrictive.

Node Locked - You will only be able to build/run your application on the machine for which the node locked development/runtime license is intended.

Floating license - A license server maintains a queue of license (1 to many). Any machine with access to the server may checkout a license. In this case, some products can be directed to the server w/o the license file residing on that computer. It simply needs to know what the license server is. That is, for JMSL a system property can be set in code or at the command line:

-Dcom.imsl.license.path=@servername

or

System.setProperty("com.imsl.license.path", "@servername");

If you can say what product you are using and how you wish to deploy your application (internally, redistribution, etc.) better guidance might be possible.

Regards,

brian

ed
05-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Does this mean even I build a *.exe file, it still need license file to run on other machine?:confused: I'm confused

Yes -- a license is required at runtime. When code enters an IMSL function (statically or dynamically linked) a request for a license is made.

jasonryan
05-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your help, Brian and Ed, you did me a great favor. Sorry for reply so late:D