PDA

View Full Version : Easy Execute of Pv-wave program

green12
05-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I would like to make my pv-wave program to execute like a .exe or something similar. Basically I want to bypass the pv-wave console and just "double click" into my application.

Any suggestions on the easiest way of doing this?

rwagner
05-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi green12,
If your file is a batch file you may do this on windows by right clicking and selecting the 'open with' option. Then browse for the 'wave.exe' under the directory '<VNI_DIR>\wave\bin\bin.i386nt\' and select the 'Always use this program to open files of this type' option. You cannot use the 'wavewin2.exe' executable for this.
If you have a large program with functions and procedures I recommend creating a batch file to run the larger executable. For example:

;FILE: test_with_functions.pro
pro test_with_functions
plot, indgen(10)
end
;END FILE

;FILE: test.pro (a batch file)
test_with_functions
;END FILE

Note that double clicking on test_with_functions.pro will result in errors, but clicking on test.pro runs successfully. I hope this helps!

-Ryan

ash
05-18-2009, 11:05 AM
You can do what you are asking by modifying your PV-Wave environment. You can read more about it in PV-Wave Programmers Guide Book, Appendix B: Modifying Your Environment. In the appendix it talks about how to use WAVE_STARTUP and other ways to automatically startup your application thru PV-Wave, the only thing is the PV-Wave console will be still open.