PDA

View Full Version : Shared But Not Static Link

wuthric
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Greetings,
I recently upgradedd my PC and re-loaded Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 & INTEL Pro Fortran compiler with IMSL libraries. Code that functiond on the old machine would not Link. I'm back after several go-arounds with INTEL support, but only with the dynamic/shared libraries. The code will not LINK to the static libraries. I use an "Include ..._shared, or include ..._static statement in my code to address the IMSL libraries. Something changed in either my MS VS &/or system parameters/options/environment/magic.

I've uploaded build logs from static and shared builds and my path environment variable. I believe that I've pointed to the proper libraries and inlclude folders for IMSL, but I could be wrong.

Is there an order of the include folders to enable the static libraries (DLL or STATIC first)?

Any hints or past threads that would address this?

Thanks,
JWW

ed
11-05-2009, 05:52 AM
The references to __kmpc_global_thread_num in the build log indicate this might be an issue with MKL.

Do you have multiple versions of MKL installed? Maybe an incompatible version is being picked up.

On Intel's forums I found this response regarding this undefined reference:
"When you choose intel_thread, you need also libiomp5 and -lpthread." Have you tried changing this kind of setting?