PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Mode in VMS

SpinMan
12-18-2009, 04:36 AM
I'm trying to execute a .CPR using runtime mode. The command I'm using is "wave -r time_align." If time_align.cpr is not in the current directory PV-Wave throws the error "% Cannot find compiled procedure/function TIME_ALIGN. % Execution halted at $MAIN$"

If I copy time_align.cpr to the current directory, everything is fine.

Can y'all tell me how I can point to a the TIME_ALIGN.CPR routine if it's in a different location?

donb
12-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi SpinMan,

There are a few options available to you:

1) On the command line, fully define the path to where the .crp lives:
wave -r $disk:[full.path.to]time_align

2) Put the file (time_align.cpr) in one of the defined directories in the logical WAVE_PATH. When you execute the PV-WAVE startup file (wvsetup.com), this defines the WAVE_PATH logical. When you issue a command to PV-WAVE, it looks first in the current directory, and then runs through all the directories in WAVE_PATH trying to find the .cpr or the .pro. WAVE_DIR:[LIB.USER] is a safe choice.

3) Edit your wvsetup.com to add the directory location where time_align.cpr lives to the list of directories defined for WAVE_PATH.

Hope this helps,

Don B.

SpinMan
12-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Don,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, door #1 did not work. I explicitly typed out the node::device:path and it threw the error "% Syntax error" on the second character.

Doors 2 and 3 won't work either because WAVE_PATH directories and the wvsetup.com are read_only. We also have many users and modifying all their files would be problematic at best.

Therefore, we'll just copy the .cpr to the directory and do the runtime from there.

Regards,
SpinMan