Thread: C/C++ Discussions

C/C++ Discussions

Welcome!

This forum is dedicated to discussions of TotalView and debugging of C and C++ programs. If you have an issue relating to one of these languages, or are unsure how to do something in the debugger, you can ask for help here. We have a lot of experience debugging C/C++ but we also welcome our user community chipping in when they see something they may have worked out in the past. TotalView relies entirely on the compiler to provide good debug information so we have a certain amount of interest in them. Please note that we are compiler neutral and can not make recommendations for which compiler will be best for you. Only you can decide that.

[size 2][size 2][size 2][size 3]This forum is intended for sharing knowledge and should not be used for reporting bugs. Bugs should be submitted through the official channel (support@etnus.com). Etnus personnel will be monitoring this forum, but only as their normal workload allows.

Please be respectful. Any abusive posts will be deleted. Etnus reserves the right to delete, move, or block any post.

[/size]
    [/size]
    [/size]
    [/size]

Pete Thompson
    TotalView Customer Services

Re: [Peter-TotalView-Tech] C/C++ Discussions

Hello everybody,

I use TotalView from almost one year (AIX and Compaq Tru64) to debug C++ applications. I think my question is not really TotalView related, but maybe somebody can help me.

Usually I see in the stack trace different symbols for constructor (starting with __ct__), destructor (starting with __dt__), but also some symbols I cannot understand (starting with __dftdt__, for example).

Is there anywhere an explanation of what they means?

Thank you in advance,

Sorin