Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problems with eclipse plug-in...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Problems with eclipse plug-in...

    We're attempting to use the Toalview plug-in for eclipse but Totalview continuously stalls out while loading symbols and never finishes. Any idea why?

    This is what we have installed now for eclipse and Totalview:


    You should also note that the name of the Totalview binary is misspelled in the eclipse GUI as ‚Äútotalivew‚Ä? when a new Debug session is created. Easily fixable but annoying.

    Kevin Harris

  2. #2

    Re: [kevinh] Problems with eclipse plug-in...

    Hello Kevin,

    We do have a bug report about this issue and we're investigating. Nothing substantive to report about that yet, other than that some combinations of TotalView and Eclipse worked, and others did not. I had used


    And had problems with TotalView 8.0.0-1, and TotalView 8.0.0-0, but not with TotalView 7.3.0-4. Which seemed a bit odd to me, as 7.3.0-4 and 8.0.0-1 should be functionally equivalent, but differ in the way licenses are applied/calculated.

    You're at a version a bit above what I tested with the Eclipse and CDT, a version or two behind in TotalVIew, and the plugin hasn't changed at all.
    So you might have better luck with a different mix, but it is something we will be taking a look at.

    And, a last note, this is not really the forum for reporting bugs. They should be sent directly to I and others will respond here as we can, but we're dedicated to watching the support stream, and can't guarantee a timely response here.
    Pete Thompson
    TotalView Customer Services

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts