Thread: where does the path to tvdsvr get set?

where does the path to tvdsvr get set?

I am new to totalview and trying to get a debug session going. I have only been able to get close using:
    mpirun -np 48 -machinefile ./raynodes -tv /data/biot/mhovers/my_em3d7/source/em3d_inv ./lona_2_aniso_3fq.invem

However, when tvd tries to run tvdsvr I get:

/.automount/tonga/vol/vol6/lah_q1/vend/x86_64-linux/toolworks/totalview.8.4.1-3/linux-x86-64/bin/tvdsvr: Command not found.

I cant figure out how to tell tvd where to look for tvdsvr, which is not here.

thanks,

Re: [mhovers] where does the path to tvdsvr get set?

In general TotalView is expecting to find the debug server in the same path it found it on the machine where it was launched. For this reason we recommend, in a cluster environment, that TotalVIew be installed on an NFS file system where each host will be able to find the files in the same path.
    Pete Thompson
    TotalView Customer Services

Re: [Peter-TotalView-Tech] where does the path to tvdsvr get set?

I should also point out, since I'm in the neighborhood, that File->Preferences->Launch String is the ultimate decider here. We use the %B/tvdsvr to find tvdsvr, and %B expands to the location that TotalView is installed on the master node, at least the location of the bin directory under the install path. One could always replace %B with an appropriate path if really needed.

Regards,
    Pete Thompson
    TotalView Customer Services