Thread: How to move license to new server

How to move license to new server

I'm not a TotalView user myself, I just support a team of developers who is actively using the software. I want to move the license from a server which I maintain myself to a "global license server", administered by a team of professionals. My question is: how do I re-generate my license file? I have "inherited" the job from my predecessor but he hasn't handed over his TotalView account information. I guess I need access to the original account in order to re-generate the file? Could someone grant access if I send my current license file?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [Shell EPT-RIR] How to move license to new server

Hi!

What you want to do is send a copy of your license to support@totalviewtech.com and explain the situation. Yo can just include the details you listed here, as well as your name and email address. We can add you to the list of authorized maintainers of the license. That should allow you to do a 'server move' If you go to 'your licenses' and click on the entitlement code (the long hex number) you should see a paragraph there about rehosting your license. Click on the 'continue' at the end of the paragraph and follow the steps. For the hostid, you want the output of 'toolworks_hostid' in the flexlm bin directory under the toolworks install directory. The regular Unix/linux hostid command is different and any license generated with that will not work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Pete Thompson
    TotalView Customer Services