Thread: Feedback

When can we expect the next release for the Eclipse plugin

Hi PV-Wave Eclipse plugin developers,
    First of all thank you very much for all your efforts which you've put into PV-Wave Eclipse plugin, we really appreciate it. We (Eclipse plugin users) are eagerly waiting for the next version of the plugin to be released soon with more features on it. Can you give us a time period when it will be or let us know what new features we should expect in the next release.

Thanks
    Ash

Next release for the Eclipse plugin

We are currently in the planning phase for the next release of PV-WAVE and the Eclipse plugin. I would like some feedback from the user community on features and enhancements they would like to see in the next release.

Thanks for your help.
    Margaret Journey
    Rogue Wave Software

Feature Request

I am including some features that I would really want to see in the next release and these features are available in other programming languages which use Eclipse. I think these features in Eclipse plugin will also make PV-Wave very popular and widely used
    • Modify variable in debug mode
    • Ability to plot (currently its not supported)
    • Debug Widget applications without having to use NoBlock=0 (All of our company's code uses /NoBlock and changing it is not a option)
    • Run PV-Wave in Eclipse console (be able to use the same pv-wave session as the Eclipse plugin)
    • Ability to enter PV-Wave commands in the Eclipse console, similar to IDL Workbench (see http://www.ittvis.com/Portals/0/imag...bench_Pic2.gif)
    • Auto code completion for PV Functions and Procedures (currently it only does function parameters)
    • Ability to add user defined Function and Procedure names to Auto Code Completion with different color
    • Ability to create Code Templates for PV-Wave (Code Templates allows users to enter multi line code as a template with cursor points guiding the user to fill in the necessary code, very useful)
    • TODO/Tasks : Ability to add TODO as a part of a comment and be able to see that in the Tasks pane (very useful)

Eclipse Plug-in Enhancements

Thanks for the input. We will certainly include these enhancements in our planning for the next release.
    Margaret Journey
    Rogue Wave Software

Additional features

Ash's suggestions are great. Here are some more:

• expandable structure and associative array variables (when placed in watch mode)
    • intelligent navigation: clicking on a procedure/function opens it even when it is not in the file being edited. This is a must-have for me.
    • shortcut prompt which allows you to enter a procedure/function name and then it opens it in Eclipse editor.
    • quicker response when hovering over a variable
    • a method for issuing pre-recorded commands at the WAVE Command Line prompt and then displaying the results in a Console window.

Looking forward to the new Eclipse editor, since the one we currently have is pretty much unusable as is.

Is there a roadmap or a miltestone for Eclipse PV-Wave plugin

Is there a roadmap or a miltestone for Eclipse PV-Wave plugin, where we can read the updates, the status or the plans for the Eclipse plugin, we are very eager to see the next plugin release.

Thanks
    Ash

Any news or updates yet????

Whats the status of the Eclipse PV-Wave plugin??? is there any development going on with Eclipse PV-Wave plugin??? Would really like to update the current plugin and see all the requested features in the new plugin.

Thanks

Next release for the Eclipse plugin

Development is in progress for an upgraded Eclipse plugin. Included in the project plan are several of the requests posted on this forum. Later this year I will be looking for some beta testers for the Eclipse plugin. The request for testers will be posted on this forum. The release date is still under discussion. More information will be available in October/November.
    Margaret Journey
    Rogue Wave Software