Thread: Time spoils when moving to another cell

Time spoils when moving to another cell

When I enter 08:24 to a time cell and switch to another cell, I got 00:35 (sometimes when switching back to the time cell). This happens in all my applications.
    Guys, give me a hope, say that your app works fine.

CGXStyle TimeStyle = CGXStyle().SetControl(GX_IDS_CTRL_DATETIMENOCAL).S etFormat(GX_FMT_TIME).SetUserAttribute(GX_IDS_UA_C USTOMFORMAT, _T(" HH:mm"));

OGrid 12.0.2

Hi Alex,
    This problem is not reproducable with current version, OG 13.0.
    Please, consider migration from obsolete 12.02 to the current one.

Regards,
    Boris

This is because date time parsing in OGrid works in the following way:
    When a value is entered in a cell it is converted to COleDateTime and m_dt member (double) is stored as a string (for 8:24 this string is "0.35").
    Then when a cell is activated to be edited again, the stored double value is converted from a string to COleDataTime using the following code:

void CGXDateTimeCtrl::SetValue(LPCTSTR pszRawValue)
    {
    //...

COleDateTime dt;
    if (pszRawValue == NULL || m_bForceStrValueAsNumber || !dt.ParseDateTime(pszRawValue))
    {
    if (pszRawValue != NULL && _tcslen(pszRawValue) > 0 && _gxttof(pszRawValue) != 0)
    dt = _gxttof(pszRawValue);
    }

// ...
    }

When "0.35" string is passed to this method as pszRawValue the dt.ParseDateTime() call returns true because COleDateTime mistakenly treats this string as an ordinary time value (00:35).
    When any other string (or almost any other) is passed to this method, dt.ParseDateTime() returns false and the string is converted to double by means of _gxttof (it is an alias of atof).
    So it is "by design" and it seems that the correct way to fix this is to activate m_bForceStrValueAsNumber flag. This flag is activated by setting cell style attribute GX_IDS_UA_FORCESTRVALUEASNUMBER.

Thanks a lot!