I am please to annouce that SourcePro® C++ 12.5 is now available!

This release contains several updates for continued reliability of applications based on SourcePro libraries. The major updates to SourcePro 12.5 include verification of updated third-party libraries such as OpenSSL™, database vendor drivers, and certification of updated platform combinations (Windows Server® 2012 with Oracle® 11g and Red Hat® 6.4). Additionally, SourcePro 12.5 includes improvements to existing functionality, providing performance and efficiency enhancements, as well as various bug fixes. The release of SourcePro 12.5 continues Rogue Wave's tradition of delivering improved functionality and better performance for enterprise C++ applications.

The following list details updates included in SourcePro 12.5:

• SourcePro Core:
o More efficient stream representations
o Virtual stream iterators and C++ 11 compliant iterators
o Improved functors and atomics

• SourcePro Net:
o Secure FTP (FTPS)
• SourcePro DB:
o Metadata caching for performance
o Column constraints API

The updated platform support for SourcePro 12.5:

• Red Hat 6.4
• ICU version updated to ICU 50.1.2
• Support for Visual Studio® 2012.2 on Windows®
• Oracle support for upgrade 11.2.0.3
• Oracle 11.2.0.3 support for Red Hat 5, SuSE 11, Oracle® Solaris 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows XP
• DB2® 9.7 support for upgrade FP7
• DB2 9.7 support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
• DB2 10.1 support for AIX® 7.1, Red Hat 5 and 6, SuSE 11, Oracle Solaris 10 and 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
• Sybase 15.7 support on Oracle Solaris 11, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
• MySQL® support on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

For additional information, please see the What’s New update.

To upgrade to this new version, please request a license from license@roguewave.com. While we process your request, you may download the installation media for your specific platform. If you prefer to test this version before upgrading, we have also included on the ftp server a directory that contains the pre-built evaluation version along with a 30-day evaluation key.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, Dominique Payannet, the new SourcePro Product Manager. I am excited to be joining the Rogue Wave team and look forward to working with you.

Best Regards,