Thread: pv-wave and postgresql

pv-wave and postgresql

I searched the archives, but I didn't see this topic....

I have an old code I inherited that creates gifs using pv-wave that reads the input from 20 year old binary files (what that used for data storage) We now want to put that data into a postgres database and access it with PV-WAVE to generate the images.
    This is on a redhat linux system. Is there a way to do this? I know the database connection in PV-WAVE 10.0 (which is what I have only supports Oracle and Sybase, but is there a way to access a postgres database?

Thank you.

Hello marshaboggs,

You are correct - PV-WAVE does not currently support a Postgres database connection. You have a couple of options however:

1) We do distribute a MySQL connection which you'll find in the User Library area. This was 'contributed' as a result of some special work we did for a specific customer, and can hopefully be used for your current needs.

2) We also sell a Database Connectivity Toolkit which is designed for users to create their own Database Connection. You have to have a base understanding of the PV-WAVE OPI interface, as well as knowledge of the C interface used by your specific database. If you're interested in this option, please contact your Rogue Wave Account Manager for pricing details.

Cheers,
    Don Boughey
    PV-WAVE Advocate