Thread: Intel based OS X with GCC

Unregistered

Intel based OS X with GCC

hi,
    I use a dual core intel mac with gcc 4.0.1.

Do you currently support this platform? If not, will you support it in the near future?

Thanks,
    Vikram

We actually did attempt a port to gcc on Mac, but encountered numerous issues. If I recall correctly, there was a bug that Apple introduced that we could not work around. I will try to get more details from the developer who worked on this.

Note that Apple has made significant changes to gcc, and so this wasn't a complete surprise. However, we've been waiting on customer demand to support IMSL C on Mac gcc.

The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.

Let me add to the demand. I am one of 3 programmers where I currently work who would love to get the IMSL library in C for the intel Macs.

In fact, I will not get the IMSL library until it is available for the Intel Macs.

rob

IMSL C libraries for Mac

Although 6 months after the last reply, I would also like to add a request for IMSL C libraries for MAC OS. I'm used to working with IMSL on Linux, but lately I've moved on to MAC. I find it pitiful that I will have to stop using IMSL only because it was not compiled under MAC OS.
    As I understand Apple is trying to enter the high performance computers teritory, by introducing its new MAC PRO. It is only trivial that Vni will work with Apple on solving the different problems IMSL C libraries have with MAC OS.

OK - in response to this and other requests, and building off of some work we've recently completed for consulting, we are now working on official support for CNL 6 on Mac OS X, Intel, gcc 4. I will be sure to post here when this port is complete.

The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.

wave on MacBook Pro

Is there any way to setup WAVE on an intel MacBook Pro? I have tried running Parallels with both Windows and Linux but the installation of PV-WAVE failed.
    thanks

I successfully run PV-WAVE in a virtual machine (parallels and VMWare) environment on OSX. What kind of errors are you seeing?

--Note, I'm going to ask the mod. to split this thread and move this portion to the PV-WAVE technical support area.

-Ryan

Looks like the "Split Thread" option isn't working in our current setup. Until we can figure this out, we'll just leave these posts in this thread.