Thread: Maximum number of iterations exceeded for IVPAG

Maximum number of iterations exceeded for IVPAG

Hello,

I am running a source code using the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran with Rogue Wave IMSL 7.0 for Windows*

I am using a solver called the IVPAG that uses the Gear's BDF method to solve a stiff set of ODEs. For some of the input files, it returns an error-"Maximum number of iterations exceeded"

I have investigated the IMSL manual and documentation to obtain the parameter that will allow me to increase the number of steps, but there is no such parameter available to edit. Several other solvers allow to modify this parameter , but I do not see any option to change this parameter in IVPAG.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks!

Hello divyakamath90,

Intel provides the support for their compiler, which happens to embed the IMSL libraries. You should contact them with any follow-up questions or requests.

The IMSL support and development team at Rogue Wave did look a bit at your question. What we found is that we have no error message with the exact text you describe – at least not in the seemingly relevant areas of the code that we examined. Can you post the actual output from the program execution?

Cheers, Don B.
    Don Boughey
    PV-WAVE Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post
    Hello divyakamath90,

Intel provides the support for their compiler, which happens to embed the IMSL libraries. You should contact them with any follow-up questions or requests.

The IMSL support and development team at Rogue Wave did look a bit at your question. What we found is that we have no error message with the exact text you describe – at least not in the seemingly relevant areas of the code that we examined. Can you post the actual output from the program execution?

Cheers, Don B.
    Dear Don,

The output is seen in a command prompt and the message I get is as below:
    *** FATAL ERROR 3 from DIVPAG. Maximum number of iterations exceeded.
    Press any key to continue...

Divya

Divya,
    Are you calling any other IMSL subroutines in your program. For example, do you call an IMSL subroutine within your user-supplied function passed to DIVPAG?

-w