Thread: Plans for JViews on Java 9?

Plans for JViews on Java 9?

Dear RoqueWave,

We're currently running JViews 8.6 Chart and Diagrammer.

Using JDeps we found a few dependancies in JViews which are foreseen to break because of the Java9 'JigSaw' modularity system.
    Can you inform us on the plans for JViews regarding Java 9?

Kind regards

We're also interested in RogueWave's response to R. Houtman's question: what are RogueWave's JViews Java 9 plans?

Our company plans to support a JViews-based product running on Java 9. Ideally, as close to the same day on which Java 9 is released. The latest Java 9 release date rumors are July 27, 2017.

Java 9 support

We do plan to support Java 9. We have a new release, JViews 2017 (9.0), the official launch is tomorrow. If you are one of our contacts, you will receive an email announcement. As part of JViews 2017, we have dropped support for Java 6 and have began preparation for Java 9. Our next release will add support for Java 9. Please note, in JViews 2017, we have broken backward compatibility in order to address a computational accuracy deficiency. If you are in the process of updating your application and Java, I recommend you upgrade to JViews 2017 in advance of our next release. Our website has been updated with the latest documentation and release notes. The release notes cover how to migrate your application and where to download our migration tool.

As the product manager, I would be interested in speaking with you directly. I would like to know how soon you plan to move to Java 9 once it is released. We are also support for HTML5/JS/CSS. If you are interested in learning more or becoming a future beta tester, we will welcome your input. You can contact me directly at Jennifer.Locke@roguewave.com.
    Jennifer Locke
    Product Manager, IMSL, Views, JViews, Elixir and Stingray
    P: 713.954.6454