Thread: IMSL + Visual Studio: Compatibility

Question IMSL + Visual Studio: Compatibility

Hi, my name is Nycholas Maia and I'm a new software developer at University of Campinas - Brazil.

In my department, we have old Fortran-90 development tools:
    1- Visual Studio 2008 (yes ... 11 years ago)
    2- IMSL 6.0
    3- Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 11.1

We are running these in Windows 10 x64.

These FORTRAN-90 tools will be used to compile a single file fortran static library (x86 and x64)
    This .lib file will be called by a C / C ++ main program.

To develop the C / C ++ main program, I would like to use Visual Studio Community 2019 (free).

My questions are: [/ B]
    1 - What is the possible solution to upgrade my Fortran-90 development tools and skip / leave VS2008?

2 - Is it possible to integrate Visual Studio Community 2019 with Intel Visual Fortran-90 Compiler (with IMSL)? Or use VS Community 2019 with IMSL somehow?

3 - Or there is only one single way: Buy Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 and connect it with VS Community 2019?

4 - Have Intel Parallel Studio XE all IMSL Fortran functions? If yes, could I uninstall IMSL 6 and replace it by Parallel Studio XE 2019 for my old IMSL projects?

Could you help me?

Thanks,
    Nycholas Maia
    Last edited by nyckmaia; 05-29-2019 at 09:51 AM.

It is possible you will be able to use Intel Fortran 11.1 with VS2019, I cannot guarantee it will work. I would suggest trying first. If Intel 11.1 is not compatible you should upgrade your Intel Fortran compiler through Intel. Intel Fortran compiler is no longer bundled with IMSL. You will need to contact Rogue Wave to purchase a compatible version of IMSL with a new version of the Intel Fortran compiler.
    Jennifer Locke
    Product Manager, IMSL, Views, JViews, Elixir and Stingray
    P: 713.954.6454

Thank you...

I seams that VS2019 Professional/Enterprise is compatible with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019, enabling the "new project -> Fortran"
    But VS2019 Community does NOT enable the Fortran project option...

I will continue the tests...thanks!