Thread: Can Stingray application be ported to internet?

Can Stingray application be ported to internet?

Hi,

I have a stand-alone MFC application (.exe) that makes extensive use of Objective Toolkit and Objective Views features. Is it possible to port some or all of the features in this application so it will run in a web browser? If so, can anyone point me to a web page or some sample code with details?

Unfortunately I don't have any web programming experience but even if it's not possible to port my existing code I'd like to start getting up to speed. Can anyone recommend a couple of good books on how to write web apps, preferably with an emphasis on how to draw in a container (e.g. like drawing on an OV canvas). What technologies would best support something like that?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin,
    Probably you can use ActiveX controls on a web browser. We used to have OT for ActiveX in Stingray Studio. This product is not included now and support for it is dropped, but you can still request this product and try to use.
    For OV, you can probably create your own ActiveX control. We do not have a sample, but I believe our sample demonstrating OV in a DLL will be helpful - you can find \Views\New Samples\Objective Views WinForm sample among Stingray Archive samples on http://www.roguewave.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89

Hi Boris - Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,
    Kevin